Rogerson Communities has been providing housing and health care for elders and low-income individuals and families since it was founded in 1860.
Today, the non-profit organization serves more than 1,500 Greater Boston families through 26 facilities and programs. These services include housing, adult day health programs, fitness training and memory loss care and treatment.
- Rogerson Communities’ pioneering adult day health programs now serve 350 clients annually through five programs for both medically disabled and memory loss clients.
- Rogerson Fitness First provides professionally administered strengthening, mobility, balance and flexibility exercises using Nautilus equipment specially designed for elders.
- One of Greater Boston’s preeminent historic preservation developers, Rogerson has successfully completed the conversion of six historic Boston buildings into affordable housing. Several more are currently in development.
- Community spaces in Rogerson facilities are available for use by the broader community, encouraging ongoing interaction between residents and their neighbors.
- Rogerson Communities led the way in establishing the service coordinator model for independent elder housing. In addition, Rogerson Communities was the region’s first management company to encourage elders to keep pets, and the policy is now used as a model nationally.