Rogerson Day Program
The Rogerson House day program offers a positive option for those with memory loss who wish to continue living at home. This program gives participants access to programs and services designed to help maintain their physical and mental abilities. We promote socialization and provide nutritious meals, medication management, and an array of social and expressive therapy programs.
Day program professionals include a nurse, a social worker, expressive therapists, program assistants and a full-time program director.
Our day program participants enjoy the same specialized programming (Rogerson ARCHESSM) as our full-time residents, which emphasizes the positive, builds on abilities, and enhances self-confidence.
Caregivers have found that attendance at the day program often results in many favorable changes. Participants may be less agitated, more cheerful, sleep better, and have more appropriate behaviors in social situations. Our day program allows families to spend quality time with family members at the end of each day. This program also allows for a smooth transition into our residency program, when appropriate.
Daily activities emphasize the positive, build on abilities and enhance self-esteem:
- Community outings take advantage of Boston’s cultural and recreational offerings.
- Exercises build strength, endurance and balance.
- Discussion, poetry or writing groups encourage self expression.
- Creative music programs promote reminiscing.
- Gardening in raised beds, greenhouse, outdoor recreation and enjoyment of nature.
- Walking groups in our secure, spacious garden area.
- Backyard barbecues, birthday parties and catered dinners.
- Creative cooking groups.
- Opera, voice and musical theater students perform at Rogerson House five times a year as part of the performing arts series.
- Yoga and creative movement groups.
- Art Therapy.
Day Program Fees Includes:
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks.
- Special diets can be accommodated.
- Access to a large outdoor area for walking, gardening and picnicking.
- Personal care services include help with dressing, grooming, dining and toileting.